Authorizing or Deauthorizing Mac from iTunes Store
Authorize Your Computer in iTunes
1. Download the latest version of iTunes that’s appropriate for your computer from the iTunes website. Try to avoid signing up for Apple’s newsletter. 2. Click the Store menu, and then select Authorize This Computer. 3. A window will prompt you for your Apple ID and password. Fill in the appropriate information, and then click Authorize. 4. After your submission, your computer will be authorized for playback, and a dialog box will indicate how many computers you have currently authorized to access your Apple account. If you have reached your limit, it’s time to deauthorize another machine.
Deauthorize Your Computer in iTunes
1. Open iTunes on the computer you wish to deauthorize. 2. Open the Store menu, and then select Deauthorize This Computer. 3. A window will prompt you for your Apple ID and password. Fill in the appropriate information, and then click Deauthorize. Note: Make sure to deauthorize your computer before making any significanthardware changes. Otherwise, iTunes might regard the system as a new computer,and thus it will count against your limit.If you ever reach the five-computer limit, and you can’t remember whichsystems you’ve authorized and which ones you can deauthorize, have no fear.iTunes offers a fail-safe method of deauthorizing all machines registered toyour account. You can do this only once a year; after you’ve deauthorized allthe computers on your account, however, you can go back and selectivelyreregister the ones you’re sure about.
Deauthorize All Computers on Your iTunes Account
1. In iTunes, click iTunes Store within the navigation pane on the left. 2. Once the store is loaded, click Sign In in the top-right corner of the store window. 3. Input your Apple ID and password, and click Sign In. 4. Under the Quick Links section, click Account. 5. In the Account Information section, click the Deauthorize All button. 6. A confirmation window will appear. Click Deauthorize All Computers to confirm your choice. Select ‘Deauthorize All’ in the Account Information tab to deauthorize allyour devices.Congratulations, you’ve imposed order upon the chaos that was your iTunesaccount registration! Enjoy your newfound freedom, and keep these instructionshandy for the next time you upgrade or sell your PC.Note: When you purchase something after clicking links in our articles, we mayearn a small commission. Read ouraffiliate link policyfor more details.How to Fix When Songs Greyed Out in iTunes/Apple MusicWhen searching iTunes forums, you’ll probably find a frequently asked questionlike below:I have songs that I’ve added to my library via Apple Music that are grayed outin iTunes. They are unplayable from iTunes now but are fine on my iPhone andiPad. Any idea why the songs greyed out? How to fix it?You may find it’s familiar if you use iTunes music as well. It’s reallyfrustrating to play the iTunes songs but only discover that many of the tracksare grayed out and unplayable. Don’t worry, though. Fixing the iTunes songsgreyed out issue is not very difficult. The following post will show you thesolutions to this problem.
4. Resync the iTunes Music
As we mentioned above, mostly the problem occurs because of a syncing problem.In specific, if you removed the songs from your iTunes library before, theymight show up as greyed out when you sync iTunes to iPhone. To fix the issue,follow the tutorial here:Step 1. Delete the grayed out songs from iTunes.Step 2. Refresh your iTunes library and playlists.Step 3. Re-sync your iPhone with iTunes using USB cable instead of Wi-Fi.
5. Re-authorize Your Computer
If, unfortunately, all the above mentioned solutions can’t solve the AppleMusic/iTunes songs greyed out issue for you, you are suggested to try theother option before contacting Apple support. All you need to do here is de-authorize and re-authorize your computer.Step 1. Go to iTunes and click Store in menu bar.Step 2. In the drop-down menu, select Deauthorize This Computer option and logout of your iTunes account.Step 3. Restart your computer, navigate to iTunes > Store, and then clickAuthorize This Computer.
Here’s how you can authorize a Mac on iTunes:
If you’re struggling to send pictures using iMessage because of a frozen “sendbutton” or blue link color, then your problem is likely due to one of thebelow reasons: 1. Download the latest iTunes version from the iTunes website. 2. Open iTunes and click the “Store” menu followed by “Authorize This Computer”. 3. Enter your “Apple ID” and “Password” and click “Authorize”. Remember, you can use the same Apple ID and Password for authorizing up to 5 devices. 4. Your Mac is now ready to use iTunes in full swing.
Here’s how you can authorize a Windows PC on iTunes:
1. Download the latest iTunes version from the iTunes website. 2. Open iTunes and hold the button “Control +B” to open the iTunes Menu. 3. Click “Authorize This Computer”. 4. Enter your “Apple ID” and “Password” and click “Authorize”. Remember, you can use the same Apple ID and Password for authorizing up to 5 devices. 5. 5. Your Windows PC is now ready to use iTunes in full swing.
Part 2: How to Deauthorize a Computer on iTunes?
Once you reach the 5 devices limit for iTunes, if you want to add a new Mac orPC to the authorization list, you’ll have to deauthorize one of the existingauthorized devices.Here’s how you can deauthorize a device on iTunes: 1. Open iTunes on the computer you want to deauthorize. 2. On the Menu bar, click “Account” followed by “Authorizations” and then “Deauthorize This Computer”. 3. Enter your “Apple ID” and “Password”. 4. Click “Deauthorize”.You can also deauthorize all your computers by clicking “View My Account”,followed by “Deauthorize All” on the Account Information Page.Also, remember that if you don’t have access to the system you want todeauthorize, you’ll have to deauthorize all the associated devices andreauthorize them one by one.However, you can only authrize up to 5 devices on iTunes. You have todeauthorize any device if you want to add more in. Here is an alternative toiTunes – iMyFone TunesMate. It supports unlimited iDevces and computers formedia files transferring.
Authorize a Computer
1. Launch iTunes 2. Sign in to your Apple ID if prompted 3. Click Account > Authorizations > Authorize This Computer… 4. Enter your Apple ID password and click Authorize
Deauthorize a Computer
1. Launch iTunes 2. Sign in to your Apple ID if prompted 3. Click Account > Authorizations > Deauthorize This Computer… 4. Enter your Apple ID password and click Deauthorize
Authorize or Deauthorize Mac for iTunes Store Purchases on macOS Catalina
To get started, I would like to brief you about the whole process so that youcan get a good hang of it right at the beginning.
Authorizing or Deauthorizing Mac from iTunes Store
1. Launch Music app on your Mac.2. Now, click on the Account menu and choose Authorizations.3. Next, you have two options:Authorize This Computer: Select it if you want to authorize this macOS device.Then, enter your Apple ID and password. After that, click on Authorize toconfirm.Deauthorize This Computer: Select it to deauthorize this macOS device. Then,sign in to your Apple ID and click on De-authorize to finish.