15 Raspberry Pi NAS File Server
15. Raspberry Pi NAS File Server
* * *A NAS (Network Attached Storage) server lets your choice of storage device actas a dedicated file server that can send multiple files over the network at arelatively high speed. This is one of the best Raspberry Pi projects forcomputing enthusiasts, given the fact that a professional model of suchdevices usually come at around $500. All you will need for this project is oneor more storage devices and a good USB hub.Highlights of the project * We recommend you format your drives using the NTFS format as it will let you access the device if anything gets messed up. * Your Pi should be configured for using the SSH protocol. * Use the Samba software to configure the networking options available. * You can also incorporate Data Redundancy and the RAID service if looking for a more significant challenge.Get the Project* * *If you’re an internet wizard like me, chances are you have got multipleservers running for a wide range of purposes, both professional and personal.Building a handy network monitor could be one of the best Raspberry Piprojects for you, allowing you to monitor your servers’ network activitiesconveniently. Like most other internet-based raspberry pi projects, thisproject will test your network skills and aggravate the expertise required forfuture complex raspberry projects.Highlights of the project * We recommend you select NagiosPi, a lightweight server monitoring distro for such raspberry pi projects. * Configure the monitoring preferences of NagiosPi to monitor your network traffic effectively; we suggest you start with the basic metrics, then beef up progressively. * Attach a display to your Pi board, depending on how you want your system to look. * You can carve out solid outer layers for protecting the main board by using a 3D printer.Get the Project
4. Accessing Graphical Desktop Of Raspberry Pi Using SSH And VNC
The configuration given in this article lets you set up a local networkbetween Raspberry Pi board and a laptop.This project is available at: Accessing Graphical Desktop Of Raspberry PiUsing SSH And VNC
6. Virtual Telepresence Robot Using Raspberry Pi
This robot with a camera is placed in a remote location to capture theenvironment in visual form using Raspberry Pi (RPi). The captured visuals aredisplayed on the user’s virtual reality (VR) headset.This project is available at: Virtual Telepresence Robot Using Raspberry Pi
16. GPS on Raspberry Pi
With this next project, you could build a system that uses GPS over araspberry pi to help you track targets.You can find the project here: GPS on Raspberry Pi
18. Create A GUI Program For Raspberry Pi And Arduino
This article describes the procedure to set up Arduino as a slave device,which gets all control signals from Raspberry Pi running a Python code. Theprogram presented here provides simple steps to interface Raspberry Pi andArduino. Arduino as a slave can also be used to control electrical devicesincluding LEDs and servos.You can find the project here: Create A GUI Program For Raspberry Pi AndArduino
20. Wireless Video Surveillance Robot using Raspberry Pi
This project builds a robot that can be controlled via wireless controls andcan be used for video surveillance. It is controlled by a Raspberry Pidevelopment board.You can find the project here: Wireless Video Surveillance Robot usingRaspberry PiLet us know if you designed any of these projects. Or if you have anyraspberry pi projects, let us know through the comments section below.* * *
7. Raspberry pi Drone
Project Idea – Drones are useful in a lot of ways. They can carry smallpackages and be controlled from a long distance. Drones are used a lot inmaking cinematic videos and photography. Use your ideas to build a drone usingraspberry pi and Python.
IoT Projects with Raspberry Pi
1. Exploring IOT Application Using Raspberry Pi: This project shows the functioning of raspberry pi as server.Several computers are connected to it and files are accessed and deleted over the network.These are accessed through password to provide security. 2. Raspberry Pi as Internet of Things hardware: Performances and Constraints: This paper compares the key elements,performance of present existing IOT platforms with raspberry pi.It shows that raspberry pi is the best with some disadvantages. 3. IoT Based Biometrics Implementation on Raspberry Pi: Here a low cost IOT based bio-metric system was built.The application of raspberry pi and cloud computing lead to new way in the research of IOT. 4. Review on Temperature & Humidity Sensing using IoT: Here is the temperature and humidity sensing using IOT. This is a novel method using raspberry pi scripting. 5. Raspberry pi Based Smart Supervisor using Internet of Things (IoT): The smart supervisor system consists of a USB camera, it is encoded on arm-Linux platform,then it is transmitted,and is decoded and displayed as H.264 video. 6. Internet Of Things with Raspberry Pi – 1: This project shows the controlling of an LED over the LAN using Raspberry pi-1 7. Pi Zero IOT Led Matrix Beamer: IOT LED matrix beamer displays the messages and pictures on wall from the internet.It uses raspberry pi0 board, Lamp,OGT cable. 8. IoT Temperature Sensor with Raspberry Pi 2 and Thermistor: This project shows the temperature monitoring with raspberry pi.A thermistor is used for monitoring the temperature. 9. Motion Controlled Servos using IoT: Real time data streaming using IoT is demonstrated in this project. A Raspberry Pi based motion control of servo motors with live data streaming over the internet is implemented. Leap Motion controller is used for motion tracking and PubNub library is used for data streaming. Four servos and two 8×8 RGB LED matrices are used for detecting motion of the hands and displaying colors according to the spacing between fingers. 10. IoT based Stepper Motor Control with Raspberry Pi: The combination of Raspberry Pi and IoT is an exciting one. Raspberry Pi has many general purpose I/O pins and has the ability to control different actuators like stepper motors. In this project, an internet control of stepper motor using Raspberry Pi computer is developed. The connectivity is divided into server side software and client side software. 11. IoT Weather Station: A Raspberry Pi and Arduino based IoT weather station is designed in this project. Raspberry Pi provides the necessary network or internet connections while Arduino is associated with the sensors like temperature. The data from the sensor is collected by the Raspberry Pi and is uploaded to a cloud server via SAMI API. The collected data can be monitored and analysed remotely. 12. Home Automation using Raspberry Pi 2 and Windows 10 IoT: This project utilises raspberry pi and arduino for home automation using IOT. 13. Multi Room Music Player: An IoT based multi room audio or music streaming system is explained here. A multi room audio system can be used to listen to music in every room of the house. The system uses a Raspberry Pi as the main controller with IR control and relay board for enabling or disabling speakers in specific room. Can be used with Ethernet or Wi-Fi and has the ability to play audio from PC, iPhone or online. 14. Minimizing Electricity Theft by Internet of Things: Energy theft is a serious issue as energy is a valuable but limited resource. The aim of the system mentioned here is to detect electricity theft. It also monitors the energy usage and intimates the customer. A Raspberry Pi based system is used with Wi-Fi connectivity as it implements the IoT network. Any discrepancies in electricity usage, the data is transferred to the remote server over internet.* * *
IoT Projects Using Arduino
1. Improved Particle Swarm Optimisation Algorithm for Android Medical Care IOT using Modified Parameters: Improved Particle Swarm Optimisation Algorithm for Android Medical Care IOT using Modified Parameters. 2. Smoking Meat with the Internet of Things: This project shows the internal grill monitoring and is monitored over the internet. Arduino plays a key role in this project. 3. Internet of Things with Android and Arduino: Control remote Led: This project shows the integration of arduino with Android using IOT. 4. Build a cloud-ready temperature sensor with the Arduino Uno and the IBM Watson IoT Platform: This project shows the building of a temperature sensor.It uses arduino and IOT platform developed by the IBM. 5. An IoT Temperature Monitor for Balcony Garden: An Arduino based garden temperature monitoring system is designed here. The system uses a Wi-Fi module to make it an Internet of Things (IoT) device. The system continuously monitors the temperature and posts the readings on the web. The device runs on a battery and in order to save the battery, the readings are taken every 10 minutes and the Arduino goes to sleep.* * *
Arduino based Project on Home Automation
The main concept of this project is to design a home automation system usingan Arduino board with any Android operating system based smartphone or tablet.As day by day technology is developing and houses are getting very smart.Presently, conventional switches are placed at different places of the house.But, operating that switches to go near them is very difficult for the user.So, this project gives the best solution with smartphones.Home Automation ProjectAt the receiver end a Bluetooth device is connected to the Arduino board,whereas at the transmitter end, a GUI application on a cell phone sends ON/OFFcommands to the receiver. By pressing the particular location on the GUI, theloads can be ON/OFF remotely. These loads can be controlled by an Arduinoboard via Thyristors and optoisolators using TRIACS.
RF Controlled Robot using Arduino
This project implements a system namely RF controlled robot using an Arduinoboard. The design of this robot can be done very easily using RF. Thecontrolling range of this RF remote is up to 100 meters through suitableantennae.
Microbot using Arduino Nano
This project is used to design a small robot namely a microbot. This projectis used to follow a fixed route based on the program using a gripper or radioremote control or even GPS.